Our Trustworthy Guide

Life is an traveled trail that each of us travels. Is there anyone guiding me? All of us need a guide. God wants to be your trustworthy guide.

Psalm 32:8-9: I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.

God will instruct, teach, guide us on our path. Is there anyone giving me instruction, guidance in my life or am I doing it on my own? God is available to be my guide.

Psalm 31:3--Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

Psalm 48:14--For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. God will guide us until death.

Psalm 73:23-24--Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. God promises to be my guide. Am I seeking genuine guidance from anybody? We all need a guide. God did not equip us to live our lives on our own understanding. We are inadequate.

Life is a journey. We go up difficult mountains and through valleys. We pass through the desert. We have conflict with other people and times of wonderful relationship. Life is hard because we live in a fallen world. Oftentimes, when people get in trouble, it’s because they ignored God. God is motivated by love. Why would we not want to follow His plan for us? We are inadequate to live without divine guidance.
People who don’t know God may seem to do well in life, but one day they will give an account of themselves

Luke 12:16-21--And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops. "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself? "This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."

Many people want to be like this guy. They want to acquire much and "eat drink and be merry." When you choose to live life without God, God says you are living the life of a fool. It is essential to have a guide; a spiritual guide.

Reasons to follow God
1. God knows us perfectly. He knows our strengths, weaknesses, endurance, personality, desires, relationships, etc. He knows everything about us.
2. He’s available to guide us. Are we available to follow him?
3. He has set the best path for us. He already knows our path. He knows the dangers, what we should avoid.

When things become difficult, the wise thing to do is to respond by trusting God to protect you, provide for you, and guide you in every decision. God is our guide, not the world. God will never mislead us. This doesn't mean that I'll never have trials or hardships. But God promises to counsel us with His eye on us.

There are certain things God wants you to accomplish in life. Don’t try to figure it out; leave it up to God. Trust God, guide, supply at every turn. H will never leave, fail you. God will never tell me to give up. He will tell us to surrender. Giving up means defeat. Surrendering means awesome victory.

Psalm 32:8-9--I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.

God warns us not to be like an unbroken horse or a mule that won’t obey.

It's OK to ask friends for advice but it should be "what do you think God would have me to do?" God is trustworthy. He will always tell us the truth.

Sometimes we disobey because we want to choose an exciting and colorful route for ourselves. God knows what we want better than we do. When you hit stormy times, remember that Jesus will guide you through them.

Don’t you think it’d be wise to link your life to the Master Guide? He’s a trustworthy, dependable, unfailing, intimate and personal guide. It begins by asking the Lord Jesus to forgive you of being rebellious and of trying to have your own way.

No comments: